Sunday, February 19, 2012

Review: TARTE LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in Glitzy (Plus Swatches)


Hey everyone! I don't know why but I have been feeling the need to post a lot today, which is great because I haven't been posting the past few days. I was feeling a little under the weather and barely got any sleep that I was just too tired to post but now I am feeling a little bit better. Right now, I am reviewing a lip product from Tarte. It is from the LipSurgence line, which I have been wanting to try for a long time. I bought this in a limited edition set and now that I am typing this post up, I sort of wished I had just included the other LipSurgences as well. LOL Maybe I will try to do a post on all the LipSurgences that I have and have swatches on them all together. Let me know, if you guys would like to see that! But for right now, I am just going to review the TARTE LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in Glitzy since I already took and edited the pictures. LOL Sorry if I am late since Glitzy came in a limited edition set but I still wanted to spread the word about these TARTE LipSurgences because I love them so much.

Since I bought the TARTE LipSurgences, I have been using them almost every other day. I always try to keep at least one or two in purse to bring with me for any touch-ups during the day. What I really like about these LipSurgences is that they are made without parabens, synthetic fragrance, phthalates, mineral oil and sodium lauryl sulfate. Plus they are cruetly free, which is a very big deal. If you didn't already know, there are different types of LipSurgences. Glitzy is a luster, which means that it has a sheen with shimmers in it. The shimmers are very fine and you can't even feel them on your lips. I included some swatches of it on my arm as well as on my lips. Sorry if they are a little bit blurry. I am still trying to figure out how to auto focus with my Nikon camera.
TARTE LipSurgences are basically jumbo lip pencils that are retractable. They have a minty sensation to them once they are on the lips. I usually don't like lip products that are minty but these aren't that bad. They do give my lips a slight tingle but it goes away in seconds, which I really like. Plus if though they are free of synthetic fragrances, to me, they have a minty smell to them.



Glitzy is a gorgeous shade to have on the lips. It does have shimmer on it but the shimmers are very fine that you can't feel them on the lips. They are so moisturizing on the lips and give my lips a shiny finish. Glitzy is definitely pigmented, as are the other LipSurgences that I currently own. I would describe Glitzy as a pinky beige luster. I have heard that on some lips, they come out sheer but you can always easily build up the color with these.







These retail for around $24USD each plus tax. You can buy them from either Sephora, Ulta and/or from the Tarte website. I would definitely recommend these! They tend to last pretty long on my lips while keeping them moisturized. Plus I love how they are retractable. Even though these are basically jumbo lip pencils, they are still great to just throw in your purse to bring with you during the day. So far, I think there are around 26 available shades. I know that there are three different types of LipSurgences. There are Lip Lusters, Lip Tints and Matte Lip Tints. I don't own any Matte Lip Tints but I plan on buying one soon to try out since I am already loving the Lip Lusters and Lip Tints!

For more informtion on TARTE LipSurgences Lip Luster, from the TARTE website:
http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-lipsurgence-natural-lip-luster-lip-...

For more information on TARTE LipSurgences Lip Luster, from the SEPHORA website:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P278602&om_mmc=esv108602-...

For more information on TARTE LipSurgences Lip Luster, from the ULTA website:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2226351&productI...

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

Join me (or follow me) on Luuux! You can earn Luuux points by blogging and/or commenting. Plus you can redeem those points for great prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...