Sunday, March 18, 2012

Almay Intense i-Color Shadow Stick in 020 For Blue Eyes

Hey everyone! A few months back, Almay released a new line of shadow sticks. I got mines in a bonus pack with a mascara. I was lucky enough to find it on clearance at Target a few weeks ago. Almay came out with these shadow sticks to be used on certain eye colors to “boost the natural brilliance of your eyes”, but you can basically use any for any eye color, in my opinion. For example, I am brown eyes but I bought the one designed for blue eyes. These are basically sold at stores that sell Almay products. I think the price ranges from $7USD - $9USD, depending on where you buy them. Like I said, I bought mines at Target but I have seen them at CVS, Walgreens, RiteAid, and WalMart.

Almay Intense i-Color Shadow Sticks are dual-ended cream shadows in stick forms. They are retractable so you don’t have to sharpen them. All you have to do is twist and the product comes out. They are very creamy but you have to be careful with them. When I used mines for the first time, one of the tips broke off because its so creamy. I just keep the tip in a sample container because I didn’t want to just throw it away and waste product. Although the are creamy, they are a bit harder (stiffer) than your typical cream shadows. I got the shadow stick in 020 For Blue Eyes.



020 For Blue Eyes comes with a deep bronze on one side and a gold shade on the other. The gold shade is shimmery so it’s a great all-over the lid shade and the bronze is a great crease shade. Both shades are pigmented, as you can see from my swatches. They glide on very easily onto the eye lids without the need of any tugging. Basically what I do is just apply the product onto my eye lids and then blend out with my fingers.





These shadow sticks are hypoallergenic and ophthalmologist tested (but not approved perhaps?). On the actual packaging, it says that these shadow sticks “won’t crease, fade or smudge all day long.” For me, lasting power is decent. I don’t have oily eye lids so cream shadows tend to last all day on me. However, throughout the day, the gold shade did slightly fade on my lids. At the end of the night, there was just basically shimmer on my lids. Again, lasting power is different on everyone, depending on how oily your lids get. I think these shadow sticks are probably a great alternative for those who don’t like cream shadows in pans because the shadow sticks are more sanitary since you don’t have to stick your fingers into the pans to get product. You just use the shadow stick and apply it to your lids and blend with your fingers. But if you like your cream shadows to be very creamy, then I suggest too just stick to your usual cream shadows because like I said, these shadow sticks tend to be on the drier side of cream shadows.

So that is all for my review. I hope you like it and that it was helpful for you. Hopefully you will be able to see the colors from my swatches. It took a while to get the pictures true to color. Have you ever tried Almay products? What do you think about their Intense i-Color Shadow Sticks? Would you try 002 for blue eyes?

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

Join me (or follow me) on Luuux! You can earn Luuux points by blogging and/or commenting. Plus you can redeem those points for great prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...