Thursday, March 29, 2012

Swatches: ELF Essential Beauty School Beauty Book in Natural


Hey everyone! I have been using the same palette for a while now and thought that it was finally time to post swatches. I bought this sometime last year from EyesLipsFace.com when it was 50% off. When I had bought it, it was before ELF redid their beauty books and replaced their cream shadows with a mirror. It also came with an eyeliner pencil and an eyeshadow sponge applicator. I don't like the eyeshadow pencil because it takes forever to apply onto the waterline. I actually depotted the shadows because I had them in a MAC palette. I didn't how they looked in the MAC palette so I made another case for them. I am now using a CD case to hold these shadows. It makes it easier for me to store my palettes on my vanity.

The ELF Essential Beauty School Beauty Book comes with 2 cream shadows and 12 powder shadows. This palette is a great everyday palette, hence the name of the palette being Natural. I love the shades of the shadows that come with this palette because they are all natural and great for everyday looks. All of these shadows are pigmented and in my opinion, soft to the touch. They aren't as soft as WnW shadows but these are pretty good in comparison. I did all of the swatches with one swipe and without primer. If you had used primer, the shadows would definitely be more pigmented but I didn’t feel the need of a primer, because the shadows are already pigmented. Some of the shadows do tend to be powdery but I don't really have a problem with that.




The cream shadows aren't my favorite. I don't think these have the same formula as their Duo Cream Shadows because I prefer those over the ones provided in the Beauty Book. The champagne cream shadow was sort of chunky. I am not sure if you can tell in the swatches. Whenever I would use this cream shadow, I would sometimes get little chunks and would have to smooth everything out. I don’t get the same problem with the bronze cream shadow for some reason.




ELF Beauty Books are $5USD plus tax and can be bought either online on EyesLipsFace.com and/or select Target stores. They also have a variety of other colors besides Natural. I heard that their Brights one is somewhat of an affordable dupe to UD Shadow Book palettes but I don't own either so I can't really say. All in all, I think this is a great palette for those are have just started getting into makeup and/or for those who love wearing neutral shades.

Have you ever tried ELF products before? What about their Beauty Books? What do you think about the Beauty Book in Natural?

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...