Sunday, April 22, 2012

MAC Haul (My First MAC Makeup Purchase)


Hey everyone! I am so excited! I finally went to MAC this week and bought myself 2 products. I wanted to buy more (ie. blushes and a lipstick) but I had to limit myself. If you didn't know, this is my first time buying MAC makeup. I have bought stuff before from MAC but never makeup. The first things that I ever bought from MAC was their brush cleanser and their empty 15 eye palette, which I don't know why since I haven't bought any MAC eye shadows yet. LOL

I have just gotten into learning how to highlight parts of my face and the difference that it can make. I have been hearing so many things about this new product from MAC in one of their new collections and I had to go and check it out myself. Of course, I had to read more about it and check swatches online before I made my purchases. If you didn't know already, MAC recently released a new limited edition collection called Extra Dimensions. This collection included three gorgeous highlighters and a bunch of single eye shadows. If I could, I would buy all three highlighters and a couple of their shadows but since I don't have the budget for that, I settled for one highlighter from the collection. I was in-between two highlighters from the collection, Superb and Whisper of Gilt. I wish I had bought both but the price was what kept me both.

I decided to go for the Extra Dimension SkinFinish/Highlighter in Superb ($29USD for 0.31 oz). If you didn't know already, the MAC Extra Dimension Highlighers have a similar formula to the Estee Lauder Powder Gelees that were released last year. Plus I really wanted to try out Estee Lauder Modern Mercury but that one is really hard to find and really expensive if you buy it from eBay. Since I couldn't buy Modern Mercury, Superb is a great dupe for it. I have seen swatches of both online and they look identical. Plus I heard that Superb is a similar (but not exact) dupe to Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous as well.

What MAC says about their Extra Dimension SkinFinishes:
"A liquid-powder highlighter with prismatic reflections that sculpts, highlights and models the face. The cool, creamy near-fluid formula creates a luminous, well-defined finish. Wears 10 hours."

I have been reading a bunch of reviews on these and a bunch of bloggers have been saying that these tend to last about 8 hours on their skin. Superb is a gorgeous soft peachy nude with multidimensional shimmer. This is a gorgeous highlighter and will give your cheek bones a glow. It is softer looking on the skin than your typical highlighters. I love how Superb gives a subtle sheen without being overpowered with shimmer. Plus the overall appearance of it is nice too with the MAC logo etchhed onto the product and a "wave" at the bottom.



I also decided to buy a gel eyeliner. Recently I am using my ELF Studio Gel Eyeliner in Black but during the day, it tends to dry and flake. Sometimes during the day, I would get little black flakes on my face (which was a big NO-NO). I have always wanted to try the MAC FluidLine in BlackTrack but could never justify paying over $10USD for a gel eyeliner. Since I was tired of my ELF Studio eyeliner leaving flakes on my face, I decided to suck it up and pay the price.



So that is all for my very first MAC makeup haul. I wish I could have bought more but I couldn't go breaking my wallet. Hopefully I will be able to in the future. All in all, if you are looking for a gorgeous highlighter, you might want to pick up one from the Extra Dimension collection before they all get sold out. I recommend calling you nearest MAC counter/store to see if they can hold one for you since they are all sold out online (well except for Glorify, last I checked). But if you are not a fan of shimmery products, then the Extra Dimension collection wouldn't be for you.

QUESTIONS:
Have you seen the new MAC Extra Dimension collection?
Were you planning on buying any, or did you buy any?

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...