Thursday, June 7, 2012

May 2012 Favorites

Hey everyone! Whoa, I can't believe that it is already June and soon in a couple of weeks, I will turning 25! NOOO! To tell you the truth, I am excited about the party and the presents but not so much on the aging part. Haha! Who wants to turn a year older, certainly not me, thats for sure! This year is going by way too fast. I am surprised that this month, I am not featuring a lot of products but most of my favorites have already been featured in my other monthly favorites that I decided to not put them on repeat again. One product that has been on my mothly favorite repeat is my Almay Clear Complexion Foundation. I love that foundation so much that I have about 2 backups (in the newer packaging with the pump).
FACE:
Neutrogena Ulta Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55
I have been using this as my moisturizer because it has been getting really hot these past few days. This sunblock dries pretty fast. I bought a pack of four at Costco a while back. It came with (2) 3 fl. oz bottle and (2) 1 fl. oz bottles. I love how light it feels on my body and on my face. It doesn't have that nasty sunblock smell. It does have a slight fragrance to it but its barely noticable once it dries on your skin.


Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in Light
I have been using this concealer nonstop in May. I remember when I found out that there were getting discontinued (last year), I bought some backups. I am sad to say that this is my last one. I love using this for my under eye area and on any blemishes that I need to cover up. I wear this under my foundation and it works perfectly.


Too Faced The Bronzed & The Beautiful Bronzing Powder Palette
This palette comes with three best selling Too Faced bronzers. I have mostly been using Pink Leopard and/or Sun Bunny. I use Pink Leopard when I want my face to have a tan glow because it has tiny shimmers in it. The bronzer that I mostly use is Sun Bunny. It is the perfect bronzer which I use as an all over finishing powder for my liquid foundation.


Rimmel Lasting Finish Blendable Powder Blush + Highlighter in 006 Autumn Catwalk
I love this blush! Whenever I go somewhere for a day and want to bring a blush with me, this is it! I love how it has three different shades and one of them can be used as a highlighter. I usually swirl my brush in all three shades and use the shimmery shade as my highlight for the top of cheeks. Its the perfect pink that I think goes with any eye look.



EYES:
Urban Decay NAKED
I love this palette and have been using it everyday. I just love all the shades in this palette. Its perfect for everyday wear! If I was traveling and could only bring one eye palette with me, this would be it! It has everything for the eyes. I love using Virgin as my browbone highlight and Sin as my all over the lid shade. There are a couple of matte shades that are perfect for the crease like Naked and Buck. Plus for my outer corner, there are so many dark shades like DarkHorse, Smog, and etc. It also comes with a UD shadow brush, which I probably will never use just because it doesn't seem dense enough.
Philosophy Color of Grace Eyelighting Shadow Duo in Heaven/Health -01
I recently bought this at Big Lots for $3USD. I still need to remember to post my Philosophy haul but ther e are way too many pictures and its always a hassle to post a bunch of pictures (all in one post) on Luuux. This duo is great because it comes with two shades that are perfect for any eye look. I would use the light shade as my lid shade and the darker one as my crease shade. I really like how small the packaging is because its great to bring with you on the go for any touch-ups.
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 608 Cottage Cheese
This is my first NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil. I actually wanted Milk because its so popular but my Ulta didn't have them in stock so I got the next one similar to it. I have really been liking it for the inner corners of my eyes to give them a bright eye look. I know that a lot of people have been liking these as eyeshadow bases but I haven't tried that yet.
Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Waterproof in Blackest Black
I must say that the first couple of times I used this mascara, I really did not like it. I was hoping that it would make my lashes look like falsies but nope. It did not give my lashes any volume and just made them look sparse. I knew that I didn't want to just throw it away or stop using it because that would be a waste of money so I tried different ways of using it. I gave up on trying to make this mascara work for my upper lashes so I tried it on my lower lashes and I loved it!





LIPS:
NYC Liquid Lip Shine Lip Gloss in Nude York City
If you didn't know already, these past few weeks, my lips had an allergic reaction to L'Oreal Infalliable Lipsticks and they started itching and burning. Since my lips are trying to heal and get back to normal, I've tried lip balms to help them but every product just makes them itch like crazy. Without any lip product on my lips, they would get dry fast and start hurting. The only product that my lips seem to have no problem with it this NYC lipgloss. As you can see from the picture, I have been using it a lot and its nearly empty.



PERFUME:
VS Pink Eau de Parfum
This is the travel size, which I love carrying in my purse for on the go spritz. I really like the scent of this. I just usually spray two times and the scent lingers on throughout the day.



LEGS:
Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Leg Makeup in Tan Glow
This is actually supposed to be for medium to tan skin tones but my skintone is very light. Its not that dark so its the perfect tan for my legs. I use this all the time whenever I wear shorts or go to the beach. I have a couple of scars on my legs and this is perfect to cover them up. I must warn you that it does have shimmer, which gives my legs a perfect golden glow.



So that is all for my May favorites! Sorry that it was a couple of days late but I have been a little bit busy and have been uploading posts lately. Well, I hope you all love my favorites. If you have tried any of these products, please let me know if you love them as much as me. If you would like to see swatches and/or a review on anything, definitely let me know as well.

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...