Friday, September 28, 2012

Summer Essentials 2012


Hey everyone! I have seen so many people on YouTube do videos on their most worn Summer products that I thought I would do a similar one. I am sure that there is a tag somewhere similar to my post but I can't remember the name of the tag. If you know which tag that I am talking about, please feel free to leave a comment below. Also let me know which products are your Summer Essentials because I would love to know! By the way, sorry if I posted this a little late, I kept trying to post it all day today but for some reason Luuux kept logging me out. It was pretty irritating.

Okay, lets get onto my Summer Essentials! As you can see, I have a ton of products and keep in mind, I don't use all of these products in one single day but these are the products that I have been loving and using during the Summer. I have products ranging from face, lips, cheeks and the body. I think there are about two products that are no longer sold in stores but you can definitely find similar ones. If you need help finding a particular product from my Summer Essentials that you would like to try, definitely let me know an I will try to help you.

PROTECTION:
Not that kind of protection, you dirty bird. LOL I'm talking about protection for your body, lips, and pits. Now we all need protection from the sun because in the long run, it can either make or break us. For instance, did you know that the sun rays can cause wrinkles by damaging our skin so make sure to wear that sunblock unless you wanted to look like the evil old hag from Snow White when you hit your forties. These are the products that I love using but I tend to switch out my deodorant because they all feel the same to me.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF55
I love this sunblock. I have a full size on my vanity and a travel size in my purse. I apply this all over my body whenever I am going out and I love using it as a face moisturizer as well. Its smooth and soft to the touch plus it dries really fast. Plus its waterproof so thats always a plus. I have tried other sunblock brands before but this is my favorite and its also #1 dermatologist recommended brand.
Chapstick Lip Balm SPF4
I basically can use any lip balm that has SPF but I have been using this brand since I was in middle school so I always come back to it. I love the Classic and the Strawberry one because both give my lips a little reddish-pink tint and they moisturize my lips very well. Plus I know what you are saying that this lip balm only has SPF4 but hey its better than nothing.
Sauve 24Hour Protection Invisible Solid Deodorant "Sweet Pea & Violet"
Like I said before I don't really have any preference for certain deodorants but this is the one that I always have laying around my room. Plus its like super inexpensive and some stores even sell this for a dollar. I don't really have sweaty pits so any deodorant works fine for me.


FACE:
Almay Clear Complexion Foundation "Beige"
Almay Clear Complexion Concealer "Light/Medium"
For me, this line of face products has really been helping with my acne. For some reason I have been breaking out a lot lately all over my face and this is the only foundation and concealer that doesn't irritate or itch my face and blemishes. It applies smooothly and blends very well. Plus it also has salicylic acid to help heal blemishes! Also this foundation is one of the very few that doesn't seem to melt off my face during the hot days.


BRONZERS:
Too Faced The Bronzed & The Beautiful
For the summer, you definitely need a bronzer, especially if you are light skin like me. I love using bronzer as my all over setting powder to set my liquid foundation. I don't like having a ton of powders on my face so I don't buy setting powders but just use a bronzer instead. During the summer, I like to contour my face as well so give my face some depth and to make my face appear skinnier. The bronzers that I have been using is my Too Faced The Bronzed & The Beautiful palette, which has three bronzers: Snow Bunny, Sun Bunny, and Pink Leopard. My favorite two Summer bronzers from this palette are Sun Bunny and Pink Leopard. I love contouring with Sun Bunny and setting my foundation with Pink Leopard because it gives me a glowy tan.

BLUSHES:
NYC Blushable Creme Stick "Big Apple Blush"
Rimmel Lasting Finish Blendable Powder Blush & Hightlighter "Autumn Catwalk"
For the summer, I love using creme blushes to help make my powder blushes stay longer on my cheeks. Summertime is when I always tend to lean towards the pink blushes. I love using a creme blush first and blend it into my skin and then apply a powder blush to set it. Using both a creme and powder blush gives your blush longer lasting power on your cheeks, especially during those hot days.

HIGHLIGHTERS:
Stila Illuminating Finishing Powder "Rose Gold"
Philosophy Shimmering Face Powder "Amazing Grace"
For the summer, its all about having a glow as well and nothing gives you a glow like highlighters! I don't really have that many highlighters in my collection but these two are the ones that I tend to reach for. To me, powder highlighters are more easy to work and blend with unlike liquid and/or cream highlighters. I have tried cream highlighters before, like the one from Benefit, but whenever I apply it onto the top of my cheekbones, its tends to take off my foundation whereever I apply it.



BLOTTING SHEETS:
Blotting sheets are pretty close to a girl's best friend. They help you by removing excess oil from your face. I mean, everybody wants a glow but nobody wants to look like a greaseball either. To me, any blotting sheet would do but my favorites are the ELF Shine Erasers, which are a dollar for 50 sheets and the Clean & Clear Oil Absorbin Sheets. These are great for removing shine from your face without smudging with your makeup. I would just use these whenever I am feeling shiny and blot on my forehead, my nose, and on my cheeks.



EYES:
Girl, during the summer, waterproof is like the magic word, especially for when you are going to the beach or a pool party because you never know if you are going to get soaked. You for sure don't want to be looking like a raccoon or someone from a horror movie with mascara running down your face. Thats why waterproof eye products are the best way to go during the summer. Even if I am going to the beach, I still like to apply waterproof mascara because I hate how little my lashes are. I feel like a boy without them. LOL The mascara that I am using for this summer is the Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Waterproof Mascara. This baby does not melt down my face when water gets near them. Also, another product that I like is the Maybelline EyeStudio Gel Eyeliner. I haven't really been using eyeliner that much these past few days but I really love the staying power on this.



BODY SPRAY/PERFUME:
Since summer is where all the hot days are, we all know that we don't want to be smelling bad and have people disgusted by our B.O. I especially reccommend this if you are in school, like college where you are crammed in those tiny seats sitting next to a bunch of people. I have had times where I arrived to class and had to sit next to someone that had bad body odor, especially when its hot outside. I just wish that they would spray some cologne or perfume. If I really can't stand it, I would just grab my own and start spraying lightly because I wouldn't want anyone to sneeze. Just enough that I can't smell the person next to me anymore. LOL Plus its always great to carry a travel size perfume or body spray. I usually perfer bringing a body spray with me because its has a lighter scent and isn't as strong as a perfume.


LEGS:
Oh my goodness, for the summer, having tan glowy legs is always a bonus! Since my legs are fair and can probably blind people (LOL), I always use my Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. It just makes my legs bronzed and glowy. I have had many compliments on my legs whenever I am wearing this. It is definitely my holy grail product for my legs. It covers up all my imperfections and makes my scars and bug bites less noticable. Trust me, if you haven't tried it, you should definitely get it!


So those are all my summer essentials. Some are my favorite products and some are just neccessities. Keep in mind that you don't have to use the exact brand that I use. For instance, with the deodorant. I don't sweat that much for my pits so I can just use whatever deodorant since any works fine for me. If you have any summer essentials, definitely let me know which products you are loving and needing to use during the summer.

QUESTIONS:
What products are your summer essentials?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

2 comments:

  1. I didn't now that they made a HK blotting sheet from C&C! How cute! My Too Faced bronzer (Pink Leopard for me) has been getting lots of love this summer too. My summer favourite this year is actually my TBS Body Butter in Papaya which is lighter in consistency than the nut versions I usually use so its quite refreshing for summer nights when you still need some extra TLC.

    www.pbunniep.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great that you love Pink Leopard and that its your favorite in the summer!! I haven't tried any products from TBS before but if I ever do, I'll have to remember to give their Body Butter in Papaya a try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...