Thursday, October 25, 2012

Big Lots 20% Off Haul


Hey everyone! In case you didn't know, two weeks Big Lots had a coupon where you could get 20% off your entire purchase. I always try to take advantage whenever they have this coupon because its a great time to get products that I have been wanting to try. Plus sometimes you can score better deals at Big Lots than at the drugstores. Also its a great time to get products that might have been recently discontinued. I did go a bit overboard with this sale but keep in mind, I went to two different Big Lots and you will soon see why I went to two.

What I bought:
Crest 3D White Advanced Vivid Toothpaste
This was originally $2.60 but I paid around $2 for it, which is such a great deal for a Crest 3D White toothpaste. I have been wanting to try this toothpaste for the longest but couldn't because of my braces. If you didn't know already, you are not supposed to use any whitening product when you have braces because after you take your braces off, you would get two different shades on your teeth. Since my dentist said that I am almost done with my braces (YAY!), I decided to finally get it!! Hopefully this wll work and whiten my teeth because we all love having white smiles.


Revlon Matte Suede Nail Polishes "933 Emerald City" and "507 Fire Fox"
These actually came in a pack of two for $2, meaning a dollar a polish. Revlon nail polishes are the main reason why I went to Big Lots because they usually carry a bunch of Revlon polishes. I was actually a bit disappointed because both of the Big Lots stores that I went to, they didn't have any Revlon polishes, except for this last one. I never tried any polishes from the Matte Suede lin before but I do love my mattes. Plus I remember seeing swatches of Emerald City once and I remember loving it so I am finally glad to have it in my collection.


London SOHO All Over Shadow Brushes (X2)
I actually have a couple of SOHO brushes that I bought a few months back on clearance at CVS and decided to get more. Since they weren't on clearance anymore at the CVS stores in my area, I decided to wait and am happy to see them at Big Lots. I don't know if they are going to stay at Big Lots or are just making a short appearance. These were $2.50 but with the 20% off, they were $2 a brush.


ELF Mineral Contour Brush
I never tried any of products from the Mineral line from ELF and am happy to finally try out a brush from the line. This was $2.50 but with the coupon, it was $2 plus tax. I haven't tried this brush yet but hopefully it doesn't shed. I bought this mainly for applying color onto my outer crease and/or into the crease of my lids.


Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF50 Pressed Bronzer "Tan"
I have been wanting to try out products from the Healthy Wear line ever since I saw a bunch of reviews on this line months ago. I heard that this line was getting discontinued so I was a bit sad to miss out on all the clearance deals but am happy to have found them at Big Lots. If you have been wanting to try out some products from the Healthy Wear line, then you should definitely check out your nearest Big Lots because they just started carrying them. So far, they have the pressed powder, pressed bronzer, and the tinted moisturizer. I don't know if they are going to start carrying more but definitely check out your store. I have tried this already and so far, I am really liking it. But be warned that these products do have expiration dates on them. I bought one at the first store that I went to and found out that it was already expired when I got home and opened it. Luckly I was able to exchange it at a different Big Lots and got one that expires next year. Hopefully I will be able to finish it before it expires. So if you are interested in buying any from this line, check the products for the expiration dates!! All products from this line are priced $4.00 each.


L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara "515 Black Brown"
I have just gotten into using lash primers and didn't want to splurge for a high-end one before trying out the drugstore ones. This mascara comes with a lash primer on one side and a regular mascara on the other end. Since I didn't want to splurge, I was excited to see this mascara for $3.50, which is a great price for a L'Oreal mascara. I haven't tried this yet but hopefully I will end up loving it since I haven't had the best luck with L'Oreal mascaras. I wish that they had different colors like Blackest Black but all they had was Black Brown. This mascara is supposed to give you the appearance of 60% longer lashes so we will see about that.


So that is all that I bought at Big Lots!! I did buy more but they weren't beauty related so I left them out of this post. But if you are curious, I bought some snacks like Nutter Butter. Ooh those cookies are so yummy!! If you love the real taste of Planter's peanuts and love peanut butter, then you should give those cookies a try. They are so yummy, especially when you have them with milk. I am not a big fan of milk. I don't know why but it just tastes weird to me. This is the only way that I would touch milk, that and cereal. Haha! So I hope you all liked my haul and if you have any questions, leave a comment below and I will get back to you!

QUESTIONS:
Did you take advantage of the 20% off coupon at Big Lots?
What products are you looking foward to seeing a review on?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...