Thursday, October 4, 2012

Swatches: Too Faced Romantic Eye Classic Eye Shadow Collection


Hey everyone! If you saw my previous post, then you would know that I was sucked into Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty sales and bought myself the Too Faced Romantic Eye palette when it was on sale for only $20 plus tax. At first, I wasn't sure about buying this palette but after checking out the swatches online, I couldn't help myself and just had to have it. I thought that this was just perfect for creating soft and feminine eye looks. This is definitely a palette that I could see myself using for my wedding day, if I was getting married. Haha! Hey, this palette is more geared towards brides since that is the whole theme of the palette with the names of the shadows being wedding related. Plus its great for people who are fair and light skin, like me!


Okay, onto the actual palette. If you didn't know already, these Too Faced palettes come with nine eye shadows and three cards to help the user create certain eye looks using this palette. I don't personally use the cards because I wish that they had included pictures of real eyes than drawings. Is that just me? This palette has mattes and shimmers.


The 9 shadows in the palette are:
♦ Soulmates - Shimmering Nectar, shimmery ivory
♦ Kiss the Bride - Pink Petal, matte light pink
♦ Bouquet Toss - Baby's Beath, matte cream beige
♦ I Do - Smokey Taupe, matte taupe with a hint of plum
♦ Cut the Cake - Heathered Mist, shimmery lavendar
♦ Honeymoon - Gilded Fern, shimmery gold
♦ Un-Veil - Smoldering Coal, matte dark brown
♦ First Dance - Midnight Orchid, matte dark purple
♦ Ever After - Spicy Chocolate, shimmery bronze




All-in-all, I am in love with the pigmention of these shadows. I love wearing soft eye looks and this palette is definitely great for that. Plus I love the names for the shadows. Even though this palette is more known for its soft shadows, there are also deep shadows in here that you can use to create smokey eyes. I usually don't do smokey looks since I have monolids and I feel like its a little too much for my lids but I love using the darker shades lightly in the outer corner. I can really see this palette being great for those who love soft looks to smokey ones and for those who are just girly.

QUESTIONS:
Have you seen the Too Faced Romantic Eye Shadow Collection?
Would you be tempted to buy this palette for yourself?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

2 comments:

  1. Oh such lovely colors!!! I totally regret not buying it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...