Saturday, December 1, 2012

October 2012 Favorites & Forgets


Hey everyone! This is such a late favorites post. I have been meaning to post this but I never got the chance to upload the pictures from my camera to my computer. Plus editing them takes a while too. I wonder if I had PhotoShop, would that make picture editing and watermarking easier? Okay onto my favorites post! I do have a couple of products in here that I regret buying as well but I will get to that at the end of the post. This is the first time where I am super late posting up a monthly favorites, especially since November is now ending. LOL That is definitely super late but better late, than never!!

First, I will start off with my October face favorites!! I do have a couple and some of them are repeats. Okay only two are repeats! Some of my favorite face products are blushes and highlighters. Bronzers come second and tie with foundations but blushes are my all time favorites. If you know me, then you would know that I use both high-end and drugstore products but I tend to have more drugstore products since I can tend to get those really cheap or almost free (taxes) with sales and coupons.

FACE:
  • Too Faced Look of Love
    This actually came in the Look of Love set a few months back. It comes with two eyeshadows in "Silk Teddy" and "Totally Toasted" on one side of the compact and on the other a blush in "La Vie en Rose". I love the shadows but I have been using the blush constantly in October. La Vie en Rose is a gorgeous pink with gold shimmers. It just gives my cheeks the perfect color with a subtle highlight. To me, its almost like NARS "Super Orgasm" but with out the crazy amount of glitter.
  • MAC SkinFinish "Superb"
    I bought this when it first came out in the Extra Dimension collection. I was torn between this and Whisper of Gilt but just couldn't justify paying the price for both. Its just too crazy and not in my budget right now so I settled for Superb. Its a gorgeous highlight for me and I love using it on the top of my cheekbones as well as on the bridge of my nose. Plus it was my first MAC makeup purchase so it definitely brings memories.
  • Almay Clear Complexion Concealer "Light/Medium"
    I have a couple of acne scars and the casual breakouts but lately my skin has been getting better. I haven't been breaking out as much. This concealer is the best for covering up my pimples because it doesn't irritate them. It doesn't stay all day on my face but since it doesn't irritate my skin, I love it enough. Heavy concealers tend to cause my skin to itch and irritate my breakouts. Plus this has salicylic acid in it so it heals your blemishes while concealing them. If you would like to see a review with demos on this, definitely let me know.
  • Physicians Formula Bronze Booster "Light to Medium"
    I already have a review on this. I am just going to say that I really like this bronzer. I use it to contour but sometimes I use it to set my foundation as an all over face powder.
    If you would like to see my review with swatches, you can CLICK HERE.
  • Philosphy The Color of Grace Shimmering Face Powder "Amazing Grace"
    I already talked about this in my other monthly favorites so I won't go into too much detail about this product. I am just going to say that its an amazing highlighter. I just love pairing it with my pink blushes and it just gives my face the perfect glow.




LIPS:
  • Revlon Lip Butter "Tutti Frutti"
    I love Revlon Lip Butters. I think I have almost all the colors, except for the dark red and brown shades. Tutti Frutti is just an gorgeous summer shade but I love wearing it with neutral eye looks. Plus its so creamy on the lips. I won't be buying anymore of these because I have so much to finish up but also because I have other lip products that I want to use as well. Plus ever since the L'Oreal Infallible lipsticks messed up my lips months ago, they have never been the same. Some of my favorite lip products are now products that my lips can't stand, which sucks big time. Hopefully my lips will get back to normal and I can start wearing all my Revlon Lip Butters.
  • Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF15 "Rose"
    I got this for my birthday from Sephora and I am so glad that I did. I missed out on last years gift from Sephora and I regret it so much since it was a Philosophy product so I made sure to not miss out on this one. Rose gives my lips a perfect tint of red and its so moisturizing on my lips. I just love how I can wear this with any eye look. I also like the other one that came with the set but I already used that one all up.

EYES:
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette
    I am so glad that I got my hands on this palette. This was actually the first palette that I bought where I paid full price for. I love how I can use this palette for everyday. I can create everyday looks with this and also create smokey eye looks as well for nights out. I just love using Sin as an all over lid color. I just wish that it had more matte shades and more all over the lid shades since I tend to use those up faster than the darker shades. It also came with a brush but I don't really like since its not fluffy and sort of stiff for me to use as a shadow brush.
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil "Milk"
    I am so glad that I finally got my hands on this. It was always sold out at my Ulta whenever they have their 40% off sales. I went back two times, hopefully to get my hands on this and saw that my Ulta had restocked and put some out by the register. YES! I just love using this in the inner corner of my eye and sometimes on my waterline to give my eyes that freshen, wide eye look. If you feel like your eyes are looking dull, you might want to give this a try.
  • Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad "Classic Canyon"
    I love how this quad has all matte shadows in it. I love using the brown shades as a blending color and/or as crease shades. Plus it comes with a beautiful browbone highlight. All the shadows are very soft to the touch and easy to blend. I love using this with some shadows from the NAKED palette to create the perfect neutral, everyday eye look.
    If you would like to see my review with swatches, you can CLICK HERE.


SKINCARE:
  • Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream with Clary Sage
  • I actually received this from BzzAgent in a Burt's Bees BzzCampaign to review. I had dry patches on my cheeks and chin because its been getting colder in California and since I started using this and the other products that I received, the dry patches have disappereard from my cheeks and chin. I love how the night cream is so moisturizing and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily. Plus it smells pretty good. I won't be going into too much detail because I already have a review for this.
    If you would like to see my review, you can CLICK HERE.

CANDLE:
  • White Barn Candle "Leaves"
    I bought this from BBW during their sale. I think I bought this for $1.75 plus tax, which isn't that bad. I am so happy that I got my hands on this. I remember wanting to stock up on this scent last year during their sale but by the time I got to the sale, all the Leaves candle were sold out. This year, I made sure to go early and got myself some in the big and small candles. I just love how it smells when it burns. I definitely see myself stocking up more next year.

HAIRCARE:
  • Not Your Mother's Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream
    I received this travel size in my Beauty Blogger 2012 VoxBox from Influenster. I just love how it smells. The scent lingers in my hair all day. If you are a fan of coconut scents, then you should give this a sniff. I have been using this everytime I wash my hair and it keeps my hair frizz free all day.
    If you would like to see my review on it, you can CLICK HERE.

Okay now onto my forgets. The last two products that I am going to talk about are product that I regret buying. These are products that I hate and wish that I never bought. I will try to use them up because I hate wasting money but I hate that they take up room in my makeup collection. If you have tried any of these products, definitely let me know. One of the products that I am going to mention, I am sure that some of you love and are wondering how could it become products that I dislike.

FORGETS:
  • Maybelline Baby Lips "Pink Punch"
    I have heard so many great reviews on this that I was so sad when this didn't work out for me. It does give my lips that pretty pink color but whenever I wear this, within 1 minute later my lips would start peeling like crazy. I can never wear this without having my lips peel. I did try the other baby lips as well and they all cause my lips to peel. These just give my lips a bad reaction. I will not be buying these anymore. I still have others that I haven't opened yet so I will probably either be putting them in a giveaway or giving these away to my sister.
  • Almay Clear Complexion Concealer + Treatment Gel "Light/Medium"
    This product comes with two parts. One side has the concealer and the other side has the treatment gel. You can use the treatment gel anytime during the day. I sometimes use it before I apply my makeup because this dries clear on me unlike the other treatment gels that I have tried, which dry white and peel. I don't dislike the treatment gel and do see myself using it all up someday. The only part that I really dislike is the concealer part. Its a conealer stick that is meant to cover up your blemishes. What I hate about the concealer is that it smells so bad. I don't know what it smells like but it smells so horrible. The smell even stays on when I apply the concealer on my face. I only have blemishes on my upper lip area so whenever I apply this, I always end up smelling it throughout the day and I hate it so much. I would definitely not repurchase this.
    To see my review on this, CLICK HERE.


So that was my October 2012 favorites and forgets!! Again, sorry about it being posted so late but its been getting busy for me these past few weeks. I could have posted it on time but if I did that, I would really talk about the products and would just list them off like other people do but I always like talking about each product and wish more people would do that so it lets people know why its in their favorites. If you are like that and like having some detail after each product, let me know. If you would rather have me just list off each product, let me know as well.

QUESTIONS:
What products were in your October 2012 favorites?
Do you have any products that you regret buying?
Have you tried any of these products before?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovesMakeup
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I have been thinking about getting a naked palette. Sorry baby lips didn't work for you. I love them! I will say the pink one you have pictured is not as moisturizing as the Cherry Me. Cherry Me gives my lips crazy moisture!

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad that you like this post, even though it was posted way late. LOL You should definitely consider getting the NAKED palette, especially if you love neutrals and brown shades. I would also recommend the Lorac Pro Palette as well. I just bought it and I love it even more than the NAKED palette. Its such a great everyday palette because it has mattes as well. You should definitely look into that palette, if you don't have it already. Glad to hear that the Baby Lips worked out for you and that you love them.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...