Friday, February 15, 2013

Review & Swatches: Nivea Lip Butter "Raspberry Rose Kiss"



Hey everyone! If you didn't know already, recently Nivea came out with some lip butters last month. I only bought one because they were fairly new and there wasn't any reviews on them yet. Now if you know me, I rarely buy products without checking the reviews and swatches. I have only bought three products this year without checking any reviews and they were the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation and pressed powder and this Nivea Lip Butter "Raspberry Rose Kiss". If you would like to check out my review with "demo" on the Revlon Nearly Naked line, you can CLICK HERE.

PACKAGING:
These Nivea Lip Butters come in tins. I actually like the size of these tins because its big enough to just apply straight to my lips from the tin. You could also apply this using your fingers but I wouldn't really recommend that since fingers can get dirty during the day and you wouldn't want to apply germs an bacteria onto your lips, which you might end up digesting. The tins are pretty sturdy. It has been in my purse everyday and never once has the top popped open.





FLAVORS:
So far, there are four flavors for these Nivea Lip Butters. The one that I purchased is Raspberry Rose Kiss. The other three are Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss, Caramel Cream Kiss, and Original.

WHERE:
So far, I have seen these at RiteAid and CVS. I think I saw these at Target and Walgreens too but I am not sure, so don't quote me on that.

PRICE:
I bought mines for $2.50 at CVS during a sale last month. These are regularly priced at $3.99 each but keep in mind, prices vary by stores and region.

RASPBERRY ROSE KISS:
I remember when I first opened this and held it up to my nose to smell it. Oh my goodness, it smelled so good! I really love the smell of this. It just so delicious that it makes me want to eat it but of course, I won't. LOL Keep in mind that after a couple of uses, the smell isn't as strong as when you first opened it. It still smells good but its very faint. When I first applied this onto my lips, it applied to smooth and was so creamy on. I love how it feels on my lips and it definitely does last a long time on the lips. It keeps my lips moisturized for hours, way better than using a lip balm throughout the day. Since I have been using this for a month, mines definitely has a huge dent in it because it so soft in texture, its so easy to make a dent with a press. When I bought this, I actually thought that it would leave a pink tint onto my lips because the packaging is pink and the actual product in the tin is pink as well but once its applied onto your lips, it just leaves a milky white tint onto your lips. I am not sure if you can see it in my swatches and on my lip swatches. Its not that noticeable but if you apply too much, it will definitely goop around your lips so be careful. I haven't tried the other flavors so I don't know if they are all the same.







OVERALL:
I love Raspberry Rose Kiss and actually plan on buying the other flavors and repurchasing this one. Since its been very cold lately and it recently hailed (yes hail) a few days ago, my lips have been on the dry side and this lip butter has actually kept my lips moisturized throughout the day and night. I always make sure to apply this before going to bed and when I wake up, my lips aren't as dry or cracked as they used to be prior purchase. The scent is delicious and the packaging is sturdy but I actually wish that Nivea would have these in tube packaging someday because I would actually buy those, especially if they don't change the formula when its repackaged. If you lips have been dry lately, then I would recommend these because they are so keep and moisturizing on the lips.

QUESTIONS:
Have you tried the Nivea Lip Butters?
Which flavor would you choose?

TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

3 comments:

  1. I just bought the Vanilla & Macadamia one, and I'm seriously loving it! It smells just like a vanilla nut cookie! The texture of these are really great. You're review was great and spot on! Now I want to try the raspberry rose one!

    http://beautyinthebreakdown4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad that you like my review! So many people have been raving about the Vanilla & Macadamia one that its going to be the next one that I am going purchase!

      Delete
  2. I am glad i just ordered it online . You have a nice blog!

    www.thefleamarketqueen.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...