Thursday, April 11, 2013

FOTD & EOTD: Soft Green

Hey everyone! I can actually see why so many people post a bunch of different eye looks on here now because its so much fun creating them and putting the pictures together. I just love how I can have all my eye looks together in one place for future reference. For this eye look, I decided to go with my cream shadows instead of using powder shadows. All the shadows featured in this eye look are cream shadows. It did take a bit to blend it but it was interestng to work with cream shadows again. I know that cream shadows aren't for everyone but cream shadows have never failed for me.They last all day on me and never crease on my lids. I just went with one trio today from Maybelline. I love the shades in this trio because it has a champange shade, an emerald green, and a brown shade. All of these shades are perfect for creating a green eye look, perfect for the Spring! If you would like to see swatches of this trio and/or more eye looks using Flash Of Forest, please let me know!
 
FACE PRODUCTS USED:
◊ TARTE Amazonian Clay Foundation "Light"
◊ KAT VON D Concealer "Light"
◊ REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder "Fair"
◊ PHYSICIANS FORMULA HealthyWear Bronzer "Tan"
◊ PHILOSPHY The Color Of Grace Art Of Blushing "Pink Dreams"
◊ PHILOSPHY Shimmering Face Powder "Amazing Grace"
◊ ELF STUDIO Powder Brush
◊ REAL TECHNIQUES Powder Brush
◊ REAL TECHNIQUES Contour Brush
◊ REAL TECHNIQUES Multi Task Brush
◊ REAL TECHNIQUES Pointed Foundation Brush
 
EYE PRODUCTS USED:
◊ MAYBELLINE EyeStudio Trio "05 Flash Of Forest"
◊ TOO FACED LashGasm Mascara "Black"
◊ MAYBELLINE The Falsies Volum' Express "Black Drama"
◊ ELF Natural Lash Kit
◊ DUO Lash Glue
◊ PHYSICIANS FORMULA Eyeliner "Brown"
◊ ELF STUDIO Eyebrow Kit "Dark"
◊ ECOTOOLS Small Blending Brush
◊ ELF STUDIO Angled Eyeliner Brush
◊ REVLON Lash Curler
 
LIP PRODUCTS USED:
◊ ELF STUDIO Lip Lock Pencil
◊ REVLON Lip Butter "Berry Smoothie"
 
Steps to recreate this face look:
  1. I have really been loving this new foundation that I had the chance to try out. For this look, I used my ELF STUDIO Powder Brush to apply the TARTE Amazonian Clay Foundation "Light" onto my face.
  2. Since the Tarte foundation doesn't cover up all my blemishes, I made sure to use the KAT VON D Concealer "Light" to conceal them.
  3. To set my foundation, I used my REAL TECHNIQUES Powder Brush with my REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder "Fair".
  4. As well with my other face looks, I used my PHYSICIANS FORMULA HealthyWear Bronzer "Tan" to contour with my REAL TECHNIQUES Contour Brush. I just apply the bronzer onto the sides of my forehead, under my chin, on the sides of my nose, and to contour my cheekbones.
  5. Since I have been using my Rimmel blush a lot, I decided to go differently with this look and use my PHILOSPHY The Color Of Grace Art Of Blushing "Pink Dreams" because it gives my cheeks a light pink flush. To apply this blush, I used my REAL TECHNIQUES Multi Task Brush.
  6. I also used my REAL TECHNIQUES Pointed Foundation brush to apply my PHILOSPHY Shimmering Face Powder "Amazing Grace" onto the top of my cheekbones for an added glow.

Steps to recreate this eye look:
  1. For my eyes, since I decided to use cream shadows, I didn't use a eye primer because I didn't need one but if you would like to recreate this eye look, you can add a primer. To create the perfect Spring Green eye look, I wanted to use my MAYBELLINE EyeStudio Trio "05 Flash Of Forest" because it has all the shades perfect for one eye look.
  2. I used the first cream shadow in the trio and applied that onto my whole lid and brow bone area using my finger. Once that was blended in, I used the second shade and applied that shade over my lid but stopping at the crease.
  3. Once I applied the emerald green cream shadow onto my lid, I used my ECOTOOLS Small Blending Brush to blend everything in and made sure that there weren't any mistakes or harsh lines.
  4. Last, I used the last shade in the trio, which was the brown shade and applied that onto my upper lash line using my ELF STUDIO Angled Eyeliner Brush.
  5. Once I felt like the shadows settled a bit, I took my REVLON Lash Curler to curl my lashes and applied my false lashes from the ELF Natural Lash Kit. I didn't want to use the glue provided in the kit so I used my own DUO Lash Glue and applied some onto the lash strip.
  6. When the glue was a bit on the tacky side, I applied the lashes onto my lash line and used my fingers to line them up with my eyes. Once the lash glue was dried, I took some more of the brown cream shadow and applied that over the lash strip.
  7. I curled my lashes again and used my TOO FACED LashGasm Mascara "Black" to blend my real lashes into the false lashes and curled them again with my REVLON Lash Curler.
  8. For my lower lashes, I applied the MAYBELLINE The Falsies Volum' Express "Black Drama" and made sure not to smudge onto my under eye area.
  9. Since I wanted to line my waterline, I used my PHYSICIANS FORMULA Eyeliner "Brown" to tie in with the whole green eye look.

For my lips:
  1. Now that I am done with my eyes, I moved down to my lips and lined them with the ELF STUDIO Lip Lock Pencil.
  2. Then I applied the REVLON Lip Butter "Berry Smoothie" onto my lips.
So those are all the products that I used! I actually love wearing this whole look out for the day and will definitely be wearing it again, especially throughout Spring!! Its just the perfect soft eye look and is great for those who have always wanted to try out green eyes but was too scared or felt uncomfortable with colors. This way, you can wear green but its soft enough for you to feel comfortable. If you would like to see more looks like this, please let me know because I had so much fun creating this eye look.

QUESTIONS:
Do you like using cream shadows?
How do you feel about my soft green eye look?

BLOG LOVIN': LisaLovesMakeup87
TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All products featured were bought by me. All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...