Friday, April 12, 2013

Haul: KISS Gradation Polishes "Pink"

Hey everyone! I just wanted to show you guys a product that I recently hauled from CVS. I actually had some extra CVS ECBs that were going to expire so I decided to go and use them. I didn't know what I wanted to use the ECBs on so I decided to go and just browse around to see what they had. I remember I had spotted the Kiss Gradation Polishes and Top Coat Trio a while back so I decided to try to see if this CVS store had the display. Luckily they did and it was still full. If you haven't seen that display, you can CLICK HERE.

Each gradient set contains three polishes for three steps. Plus whats great about these is that you can also use the polishes on its own when you are not feeling the gradient trend. There was a blue, black, a pink set. For some reason, the black set wasn't with the display but placed with the regular core collection polishes. Of course, I wanted to pick the pink set! Plus I never tried Kiss polishes before so these shall be interesting to try out. I haven't tried it yet but I actually can't wait. Hopefully the polishes aren't on the sheer side but they probably are since they are meant to be used for gradation manicure.


I actually never tried a gradient manicure before but hopefully this set is pretty simple to use since the steps seem pretty easy. According to the packaging, "Apply two coats of step 1 polish, let it dry. Apply one coat of step 2 polish on tip of nail only; approximately 1/3 of nail. Before step 2 polish is dry, apply one coat of step 3 polish on top 1/2 of nail to blend colors. Let it dry completely. The repeat the steps on the other hand." Sounds pretty simply, yes?


One thing that I do know for sure is that if I can't figure out the gradient manicure, I will definitely be using these polishes on their own as well because they look like gorgeous shades! Each polish bottle is only 6.0 ml (0.20 fl. oz.) which isn't that much. A full size China Glaze polish is 14 ml (0.5 fl. oz) so the Kiss polish is actually less than half of a China Glaze polish. But keep in mind, that you do get three polishes in a set and with all three, its still cheaper than one China Glaze polish.


Step 1 polish would probably have to be my favorite out of the whole set. I haven't tried either polish yet so we will see if my opinions will change later on. Step 1 seems to be a light pink polish with round holographic glitters. This polish actually looks like a great layering polish.


Step 2 polish seems to be a fuchsia shimmery polish. This one looks like it would be great to use on its own as well.


Step 3 polish looks like it would also be a great layering polish. It reminds me of a jelly polish that I have seen before but I can't seem to remember the name. Its almost similar to the step 1 polish but the base is more a bold pink.


All-in-all, I actually can't wait to try out this whole set. I am definitely going to try to create the gradient mani. Hopefully it won't be too hard since I have always wanted to give that trend a try. Plus if I don't succeed, then I will definitely be using these polishes on their own since they all look like gorgeous shades! What do you guys think?

QUESTIONS:
Have you spotted these sets yet?
What do you think about these polishes?

Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!

BLOG LOVIN': LisaLovesMakeup87
TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE


**All products featured were bought by me. All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...