Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Mascara Collection


Hey everyone! I have been meaning to get up this post for a while now but since I recently finished up some of my mascaras, I knew that it was time to do a mascara collection post before I started opening up new mascaras to add to my collection. Some of these mascaras featured in this post will also be in my next empties post so don't be surpised when you see them again. Mascaras typically go bad in 3-6 months, depending on the amount of usage. I don't use the same mascara everyday since I like to switch it up every once in a while so my mascaras tend to last a bit longer. Plus I always make sure to write down the date when I opened a new mascara on each to help me know when to throw them out. If you guys tend to forget how long you have a mascara, you should try marking them with the date as well because it helps out a lot.

Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara "Blackest Black"
I always make sure to have at least one waterproof mascara in my collection, in case for rainy days and/or special occasions where I knew there might be a slight chance of me crying. LOL This mascara doesn't get my crazy volume, like it claims but I like to use it everyday for my lower lashes since it doesn't smudge as much as muy other mascaras. I think this mascara (or maybe the regular formula)will be better for those who have long lashes.
Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara "Black"
I really love this mascara and will definitely love to buy another, if Mary Kay still sells it. This mascara gives me length and volume. Plus it doesn't smude or flake off. It is literally one of my favorites mascaras that I have tried. I really like the brush as well. Its not too big but not too small where the bristles would end up poking your eyes or leaving bits of mascara on your lids.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara "Extreme Black"
This mascara claims to make your lashes appear up to 117% longer in 30 days and look instantly 80% longer. I remember the first time when I tried this and it really did make my lashes appear longer. If you are looking for a mascara that lengthens, you might end up liking this but it doesn't give any volume. The wand is pretty much the same as the Mary Kay Ultimate mascara but it doesn't have as many bristles. This is also one of my favorite mascaras because it doesn't smudge and doesn't flake off either. The formula is a bit on the wetter side, so try not to sneeze rght after applying this. It happened to me once or twice and I had to start over. LOL

Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara
This was probably my second full size high-end mascara. I first bought it to try out since I loved the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara so much. The packaging is pretty nice since its all wooden. The wand is pretty much the same as the other two lashes. I am guessing I love mascaras with that kind of brush shape. For me, this mascara doesn't lengthen that much unless I apply a couple of coats but the problem with this is that if you apply way too many coats, it starts to flake throughout the day. Whenever I use this mascara, I always make sure to apply only two coats and no more. I am not a big fan of this mascara since it doesn't give my lashes that wow factor. I will however, finish this one up and my back-up of it.

Too Faced LashGasm Mascara
The bristles on this wand are pretty small so you do have to be careful unless you want to poke your upper lashline. This mascara does give my lashes some length. I remember wanting to buy the full size of this mascara when I first tried it out a couple of times but after a while, the formula or consistency changed and its just okay now. It does give my lashes little length and the curl holds all day. It doesn't flake or smudge. Its not a bad mascara but I won't be buying the full size anytime soon.

Tarte Lash Primer
Tarte MultiEYE Lash Primer
These two are pretty much the same so I will just talk about them together. I actually love these. I use them with other mascaras too. These are great lash primers. I just apply one layer of the lash primer and then apply any other mascara over for extra length. I am glad that I have a couple of back-ups of these samples.

QUESTIONS:
What mascaras do you have in your collection?
Have you tried any of these mascaras before?

Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!

BLOG LOVIN': LisaLovesMakeup87
TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All products featured were bought by me. All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...