Thursday, September 12, 2013

June-July-August Favorites 2013


Hey everyone! Its been such a long time since I've done a favorites. I think my last one was for May so I decided to just sum up my June, July, and August favorites all in one! Maybe I will just do my favorites every three months instead since its more easier for me to keep up but we will see. Definitely let me know what you guys think. Some of these are new products and some of these are "old" products that you have seen in past monthly favorites. Anyways, lets get on with my favorites!

EYES:
Lorac Mint Collection Eye & Cheek Palette
I love the shadows in this palette. Even though the mint shadow isn't the most pigmented shadow in the palette, I still love it! I just have to use a primer and another base then pat on the mint shadow to get it to show up on my eyes. I love wearing the mint shadow all over my lid and then using the matte brown in my crease and the shimmery brown (underneath the matte brown) in my outer corner. Then I would apply the first shadow as my brow bone highlight. Whenever I wear this eye look, I always get compliments. If you have this palette, you should definitely give this eye look a try. If you don't, you can now find this set at Nordstorm Rack for about half the price.
Stila In The Moment Eye Shadow Palette
I bought this palette a few months ago and I am really liking it. I especially love the first three shadows because every time I use those three for an eye look, I always get compliments on my eyes. This palette is pretty great because it has your purples and neutral shades. I only wish that it had pinks as well instead of the black. I never use black shadows so I always hate it when a palette has one. I love wearing Impulse as an all over lid shade. Its the prettiest shade out of the whole palette and looks especially great on brown eyes.


Coastal Scents 88 Eye Shadow Colors "Warm Palette"
I have really been loving this palette. I think I have probably been using it almost everyday. You will probably see this palette again in my September favorites as well. This palette is definitely great for those who love makeup and for those who are just starting in makeup. This palette has so many eye shadows with different finishes like mattes and shimmers. I love using this for creating matte eye looks since there are so many options to choose from. I have been thinking about getting the other 88 palettes, if you guys have any recommendations, let me know.


Revlon Matte Eye Shadow "001 Vintage Lace"
I love this for my brow bone highlight. Its just the perfect shade and its matte, what more can you ask for! I think I bought this shade from the 99 Cents Store for only a dollar plus tax. I don't know if Revlon still sells this shade but I hope they do because I can see myself hitting pan on this shadow soon.
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo "Dark Brown"
I can definitely see all the hype about this. I have been using it everyday since I bought it. I like to mix both the shades together for my perfect brow shade. I just use the little brush that came in the set and its perfect. It doesn't take me a long time to do my brows. I can make them skinny or more bold. Plus it lasts all day on my bows through the heat, which is perfect since I never have to worry about them melting off or smearing on me through the day. I definitely recommend this.


FACE:
Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette
This palette has everything you need for your cheeks. It has a bronzer, blush, and a highlighter. The bronzer is the perfect shade for contouring, which I do everyday because I want my face to appear slimmer. The blush is a pretty pink and very pigmented. I need a light hand whenever I am using this. The same applies to the highlighter as well. The highlighter is definitely pigmented and shimmery. If you use a heavy hand with this, you will definitely look like a disco ball. If I was traveling, I would definitely bring this since it contains all the products that you would need for your cheeks.


Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder "001 Transparent"
I bought this because I was getting shiny on my forehead and cheeks so I wanted something that would keep me matte all day. I heard a lot about this pressed powder, especially on YouTube so I decided to give it a try. I didn't know what shade to get so I decided to just buy Transparent. It doesn't keep me matte all day but it does keep me shine-free for a couple of hours, which is longer than my Revlon Nearly Naked pressed powder.


CoverGirl Outlast 3 in 1 Foundation "825 Buff Beige"
I am not sure if I love love this but so far, I am liking it. I heard so much about this when it came out that I wanted to buy it but of course, I told myself to wait. From all the reviews that I have read and seen, I got the impression that this was going to be medium to full coverage foundation similar to the Revlon ColorStay foundation but its definitely not. I would call this a light to medium coverage foundation since I would always have to apply at least two to three layers to cover the redness on my cheeks and my acne scars. The only reason why I am including this in my August favorites is because it lasts a long time on my face. I will probably be doing a full review on this soon.


Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara "Extreme Black"
I have so many back-ups of this mascara. I love using this with my other mascaras to make my lashes look longer. The only thing that I don't love about this is that the formula is very wet. If you sneeze after applying this, you will definitely get smudges. It has happened to me a couple of times. LOL Plus I would always have to wait for this mascara to dry before I curl my lashes, which is fine since I would just curl them after I dress. If you are looking for an inexpensive mascara, you should definitely give this a try.


So those are all my favorites for the last few months. LOL Hopefully I don't end up procrastinating again because I really love blogging. Its just hard to keep up with sometimes but I don't want to lose any of you so hopefully, I will be able to have a couple of posts per week. Let me know if you would like to see any reviews or swatches on any of these products featured in this post. I am probably going to be posting up a couple of reviews soon since I have so many that I am behind. Please let me know if you have tried any of these products before and what you think of them. I would love to hear your opinions!

QUESTIONS:
Have you ever tried any of these products before?

Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!

YOUTUBE: CLICK HERE
BLOG LOVIN': LisaLovesMakeup87
TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87

**All products featured were bought by me. All written content and pictures belongs to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

4 comments:

  1. Yesss, I get so happy whenever I see rimmel stay matte!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you must really love it then! Which shade do you have it in?

      Delete
  2. That Stilla palette looks pretty! I'll have to put that Rimmel mascara on my to get list!:)


    http://ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its great for those who love purple shades. Let me know if you ever get the mascara and how you end up liking it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...